Undefined Symbol Errors in Xcode (Unity build)

Hi Connor,

Thanks for the quick followup!

So I just checked and it does look like both in the project and in the FMOD settings in Unity, that the plugin is attached.

Out of curiosity, are there any other folders or files that may be associated with FMOD 2.0 that may still be hanging around? is there anything else I can upload or share that would be helpful?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

When you are building in Unity do you choose the Append or Replace option:

If it is possible, could you build with the option Replace or build to a new location and test if that build works? It may be that the Append option is leaving old files that are causing issues.

Just to confirm when you tried the solution from the other forum you did change "bus:/{YourResonanceBusNameHere}" to the name of the bus in your FMOD Studio project that the Resonance Audio listener is located on:

var resonanceBus = FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.GetBus("bus:/ResonanceListenerBus");

It might be worth checking resonanceBus.isValid() is true to confirm that you have retrieved the correct bus. Keep in mind that resonanceBus.unlockChannelGroup() (FMOD Engine | Studio API Reference - Bus) needs to be called as well to make sure FMOD can shut down properly.

Let me know if this helps!

Hi Connor,

So I usually build with the “replace” feature when building.

Also yes, I tried the “copy path” from studio to get the bus string and still get that error.

What’s strange is I don’t get any errors in Unity editor and I don’t get any bud related errors. Only in the iOS build.

Any other suggestions? Thanks again!

1 Like

Would it be possible to get another copy of the XCode project uploaded to your profile that is building to IOS but is experiencing the new error?

HI Connor,

Sure, just uploaded it .Thanks!

Also this is the same project with the build from the unity project I previously uploaded. Only difference between this Xcode project and the last one is the removal of the “Lib” folder as you suggested.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you again for providing those files and I was able to reproduce the issue in the XCode project. Apologies, I forgot to mention that on IOS plugins have to be Statically linked, as outlined here: Unity Integration | Plugins - Static Plugins. So to solve the issue please add the following to your Unity integration settings

And confirm that the resonance audio plugin is in the correct platform folder:

With those settings, I was able to build to IOS and hear sounds in your app.

Apologies for not replying to this, If you are choosing the Replace option when building the Project in Unity there shouldn’t be any but it is strange that the lib folder was able to survive with this option. Could you confirm how you removed the 2.0 Unity integration from your project previously?

Hope this helps!

Finally had a chance to try this, it looks statically linking the plugins did the trick. Thanks so much for providing this solution!

1 Like