Compiling problem updating from ex to studio api

I have updated a project from fmod ex to fmod studio low level api, but when I now compile in debug mode, I get a lot of syntax errors for the fmod_dsp.h file and the fmod.h file. I am programming in C in Visual C++ 2010 Express and have copied the fmod_vc.lib file and all the header files belonging to the low level api to the project directory and linked the library file to the project. I have also copied the fmod.dll to the working (Debug) directory, and included the fmod.h and fmod_errors.h in the program file. And now I have run out of ideas of how to resolve this. Could anyone give me a hint?

Thanks in advance.

Keitel

That’s good news! Thanks for the letting us know.

Hi again,

I recreated the whole project and then it worked. All the compiler errors went away. I have no idea why, but I don’t think it matters. I therefore consider the case solved.

Thank you for your assitance.

Best regards
Keitel

Hi again,

I updated to version 1.04, but I still get the same list of errors as above.

Keitel

But I have not made any changes to the project or program that worked using Fmodex apart from changing the syntax of the commands that are different in Fmodex. I use the following libraries:
fmod_vc.lib
DiracLE.lib
MiniAiffx32.lib

Keitel

There are some API changes between FMOD 4 and FMOD 5, have you taken a look at the migration guide in the documentation CHM?

If you have specific syntax errors you’re having trouble with could you post them here so we can help?

I have read the article “Transitioning between FMOD Ex and FMOD Studio” if that is what you are referring to. But I still think I have set everything correctly. I give the list of error messages I got:

1>------ Build started: Project: DhruvaNada, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1> main.c
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(85): error C2146: syntax error : missing ‘)’ before identifier ‘inputsidle’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(85): error C2081: ‘bool’ : name in formal parameter list illegal
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(85): error C2061: syntax error : identifier ‘inputsidle’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(85): error C2059: syntax error : ‘;’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(85): error C2059: syntax error : ‘,’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(85): error C2059: syntax error : ‘)’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(86): error C2146: syntax error : missing ‘)’ before identifier ‘inputsidle’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(86): error C2081: ‘bool’ : name in formal parameter list illegal
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(86): error C2061: syntax error : identifier ‘inputsidle’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(86): error C2059: syntax error : ‘;’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(86): error C2059: syntax error : ‘,’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(86): error C2059: syntax error : ‘)’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(89): error C2146: syntax error : missing ‘)’ before identifier ‘value’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(89): error C2081: ‘bool’ : name in formal parameter list illegal
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(89): error C2061: syntax error : identifier ‘value’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(89): error C2059: syntax error : ‘;’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(89): error C2059: syntax error : ‘)’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(93): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘)’ before ‘
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(93): error C2081: ‘bool’ : name in formal parameter list illegal
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(93): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘{’ before '

1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(93): error C2059: syntax error : ‘type’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(93): error C2059: syntax error : ‘)’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(278): error C2061: syntax error : identifier ‘bool’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(280): error C2059: syntax error : ‘}’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(302): error C2016: C requires that a struct or union has at least one member
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(302): error C2061: syntax error : identifier ‘bool’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(304): error C2059: syntax error : ‘}’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(367): error C2061: syntax error : identifier ‘FMOD_DSP_PARAMETER_DESC_INT’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(368): error C2061: syntax error : identifier ‘booldesc’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(368): error C2059: syntax error : ‘;’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(370): error C2059: syntax error : ‘}’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(371): error C2059: syntax error : ‘}’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(464): error C2016: C requires that a struct or union has at least one member
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(464): error C2061: syntax error : identifier ‘bool’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(465): error C2059: syntax error : ‘}’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(588): error C2061: syntax error : identifier ‘FMOD_DSP_PROCESS_CALLBACK’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(592): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘{’ before ‘
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(595): error C2061: syntax error : identifier ‘setparameterbool’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(595): error C2059: syntax error : ‘;’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(599): error C2061: syntax error : identifier ‘getparameterbool’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(599): error C2059: syntax error : ‘;’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(601): error C2061: syntax error : identifier ‘shouldiprocess’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(601): error C2059: syntax error : ‘;’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_dsp.h(603): error C2059: syntax error : ‘}’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(84): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘)’ before '

1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(84): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘{’ before ‘
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(84): error C2059: syntax error : ‘)’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(86): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘)’ before '

1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(86): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘{’ before ‘
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(86): error C2040: ‘description’ : ‘int ’ differs in levels of indirection from ‘int **’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(86): error C2059: syntax error : ‘type’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(86): error C2059: syntax error : ‘)’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(131): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘)’ before '

1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(131): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘{’ before '

1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(131): error C2040: ‘description’ : ‘int ’ differs in levels of indirection from ‘int **’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(131): error C2371: ‘FMOD_DSP’ : redefinition; different basic types
1> c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod_common.h(75) : see declaration of ‘FMOD_DSP’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(131): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘;’ before '

1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(131): error C2059: syntax error : ‘)’
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(599): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘)’ before ‘
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(599): error C2081: ‘FMOD_DSP_PARAMETER_DESC’ : name in formal parameter list illegal
1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(599): error C2143: syntax error : missing ‘{’ before '

1>c:\users\ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\dhruvanada\dhruvanada\fmod.h(599): error C2059: syntax error : ‘)’

Keitel

Hi Keitel,

Looking at line 85 of fmod_dsp.h, it appears the compiler is falling over the “bool inputsidle” parameter declaration, specifically it does not recognize “bool” as a builtin type. I guess you are compiling as C, rather than C++, right? That would certainly explain it.

It is true that fmod_dsp.h is one of the common FMOD headers and is supposed to be compatible with both C and C++. Unfortunately, a couple of “bool” declarations slipped through our screening process. This issue has been addressed in the upcoming 1.4 release, with “bool” replaced with FMOD_BOOL. But unfortunately we can not make the same fix to version 1.03.xx because it would break binary compatibility for many users.

If you can, the easiest workaround is to compile as C++ for now. The other option, if that is not possible, is to comment out the #include “fmod_dsp.h” statement from the bottom of fmod_common.h. Obviously, that will only work as long as you don’t use the DSP interface. Any DSP related source files would still need to be compiled as C++.

Hopefully, that will be enough to get you going until 1.4 comes out and the problem goes away. Barring any unforeseen events, our plan is to release 1.4 in the second week of June.

Cheers,
Graeme.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your clarification. I’ve tried both the methods you suggested, but some problems came up: When keeping the program in C and commenting out the #include “fmod_dsp.h” at the end of fmod_common.h, I still got errors for the fmod.h file. When I converted to C++, I got syntax errors in the header file for the Dirac sound system, dirac.h, which I also need to use.

Keitel

Ah, I see why commenting out #include “fmod_dsp.h” didn’t work. It also defines some types that are required by “fmod.h” itself.

Okay then, if you really can’t compile as C++, I do have a little hack you can try…

#define bool unsigned char
#include "fmod_studio.h"
#undef bool

Yes, it’s pretty evil, but it it works!

Other options:
[list=1]
[] Contact Dirac support and see if they can fix their header so it compiles under C++.[/:m:1gp7lkrt]
[] Can you separate the code that includes fmod.h and dirac.h? If so, compile the source that includes fmod.h as C++, and the one that includes dirac.h as C.[/:m:1gp7lkrt][/list:o:1gp7lkrt]

1 Like

I tried to put in your suggestion on top of the include list, but now I get a lot of the following:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __

Keitel

Don’t put it at the top of your whole include list! Just around #include “fmod_studio.h”, as I specified above.

I’ve placed it like this:

#include <windows.h>
#include "winuser.h"
#include <stdio.h>
#include <conio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <time.h>
#include <process.h>
#include <math.h>
#include "fmod.h"
#include "fmod_studio.h"
#undef bool
#include "fmod_errors.h"
#include "MiniAiff.h"
#include "dirac.h"
#include "Winresrc.h"
#include "resource.h"
#include "dos.h"
#include "scales.h"

#define FMOD_INIT_NORMAL  0x00000000

Then I got rid of the error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol, but I still get syntax errors on the fmod_dsp.h, fmod.h and fmod_studio.h. By the way, do I actaully need to include the fmod_studio.h if I only am going to use the low level functions?

Keitel

Okay, if you are only going to use the low level API then you just need to #include “fmod.h”, like so…

#include "fmod.h"
#undef bool

I think the reason you were still getting syntax errors is because you put the hack around “fmod_studio.h”, but not around “fmod.h”. I didn’t realise you were trying to include both headers (“fmod_studio.h” includes “fmod.h” internally).

Anyway, please try removing “fmod_studio.h” from your include list, and put the above hack around “fmod.h”.

1 Like

I did as you said:

#include "fmod.h"
#undef bool

And excluded the fmod_studio.h. But now I got back the long list of error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol.

Keitel

Just to clarify, you get a whole bunch of “error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __”? Or something else? Would you mind posting the linker output?

Here is the complete list of error messages I get:

1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DispatchMessageW@4 referenced in function _WinMain@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__TranslateMessage@4 referenced in function _WinMain@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetMessageW@16 referenced in function _WinMain@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ShowWindow@8 referenced in function _WinMain@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateWindowExW@48 referenced in function _WinMain@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetSystemMetrics@4 referenced in function _WinMain@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegisterClassW@4 referenced in function _WinMain@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__LoadCursorW@8 referenced in function _WinMain@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateSolidBrush@4 referenced in function _WinMain@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__free referenced in function _timestretch
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__floor referenced in function _timestretch
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__exit referenced in function _timestretch
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__printf referenced in function _timestretch
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__memmove referenced in function _timestretch
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _memset referenced in function _timestretch
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _memset
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _memset
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__malloc referenced in function _timestretch
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _strcpy referenced in function _timestretch
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___wfopen referenced in function _timestretch
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _strlen referenced in function _timestretch
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __fltused
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __fltused
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __fltused
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __ftol2_sse referenced in function _timestretch
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _exp referenced in function _scaleselect
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _log referenced in function _scaleselect
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie referenced in function _scaleselect
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4 referenced in function _scaleselect
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DefWindowProcW@16 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PostQuitMessage@4 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetWindowLongW@8 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__KillTimer@8 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__InvalidateRect@12 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetCursor@4 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetFocus@4 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ReleaseDC@8 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetDC@4 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetKeyState@4 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DeleteObject@4 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__EndPaint@8 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__Ellipse@20 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateFontW@56 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__TextOutW@20 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetTextColor@8 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetTextAlign@8 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RoundRect@28 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__LineTo@12 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__MoveToEx@16 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__Rectangle@20 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetStockObject@4 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DeleteDC@4 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__BitBlt@36 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SelectObject@8 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateCompatibleDC@4 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__BeginPaint@8 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateHatchBrush@8 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreatePen@12 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetBkMode@8 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__MoveWindow@24 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetTimer@16 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetObjectW@12 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__LoadBitmapW@8 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetScrollPos@16 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetScrollRange@20 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetWindowTextW@8 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SendMessageW@16 referenced in function _WndProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___vswprintf_c_l referenced in function _swprintf
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DestroyWindow@4 referenced in function _DialogProc@16
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegisterClassExW@4 referenced in function _RegisterDialogClass
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetSysColorBrush@4 referenced in function _RegisterDialogClass
1>LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMainCRTStartup
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _srand referenced in function _$E2
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _time referenced in function _$E2
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)” (??2@YAPAXI@Z) referenced in function _DiracFxCreate
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int)” (??2@YAPAXI@Z)
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _printf referenced in function _DiracFxCreate
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _rand referenced in function “public: __thiscall _sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7::_sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7(int,float)” (??0_sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7@@QAE@HM@Z)
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _floor referenced in function “public: __thiscall _sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7::_sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7(int,float)” (??0_sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7@@QAE@HM@Z)
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __CIpow referenced in function “public: __thiscall _sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7::_sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7(int,float)” (??0_sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7@@QAE@HM@Z)
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CIpow
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __ftol referenced in function “public: __thiscall _sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7::_sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7(int,float)” (??0_sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7@@QAE@HM@Z)
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _free referenced in function _DiracFxDestroy
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _free
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “void __cdecl operator delete(void *)” (??3@YAXPAX@Z) referenced in function _DiracFxDestroy
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “void __cdecl operator delete(void *)” (??3@YAXPAX@Z)
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _malloc referenced in function _DiracFxProcessFloat
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _malloc
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _qsort referenced in function “public: void __thiscall _sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7::_sLe5A2XsmopLER7YYV1G9k5AjRlUoHTTd(short *,short *,long)” (?_sLe5A2XsmopLER7YYV1G9k5AjRlUoHTTd@_sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7@@QAEXPAF0J@Z)
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _memmove referenced in function “public: void __thiscall _sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7::_sLe5A2XsmopLER7YYV1G9k5AjRlUoHTTd(short *,short *,long)” (?_sLe5A2XsmopLER7YYV1G9k5AjRlUoHTTd@_sE7w6MawROVJWjnw0GZwlUIaGVNYF5Ud7@@QAEXPAF0J@Z)
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _exit referenced in function “private: long __thiscall _sTWGnVetUIs2NnOgT0HKkJpqSxXpxYaL7::init(void)” (?init@_sTWGnVetUIs2NnOgT0HKkJpqSxXpxYaL7@@AAEJXZ)
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetSystemTimeAsFileTime@4 referenced in function “public: long __thiscall _sPHS6L5fVSuf57HLvreTPGBNsSofDnWGH::_sPjIPoayo6XcSHP4qd9BhC82soP0xMIzu(float * *,long)” (?_sPjIPoayo6XcSHP4qd9BhC82soP0xMIzu@_sPHS6L5fVSuf57HLvreTPGBNsSofDnWGH@@QAEJPAPAMJ@Z)
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __aullrem referenced in function “public: long __thiscall _sPHS6L5fVSuf57HLvreTPGBNsSofDnWGH::_sPjIPoayo6XcSHP4qd9BhC82soP0xMIzu(float * *,long)” (?_sPjIPoayo6XcSHP4qd9BhC82soP0xMIzu@_sPHS6L5fVSuf57HLvreTPGBNsSofDnWGH@@QAEJPAPAMJ@Z)
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __aulldiv referenced in function “public: long __thiscall _sPHS6L5fVSuf57HLvreTPGBNsSofDnWGH::_sPjIPoayo6XcSHP4qd9BhC82soP0xMIzu(float * *,long)” (?_sPjIPoayo6XcSHP4qd9BhC82soP0xMIzu@_sPHS6L5fVSuf57HLvreTPGBNsSofDnWGH@@QAEJPAPAMJ@Z)
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fclose referenced in function “void __cdecl _sLp7EkPPUoxO1HDLmTwNv5UcFgICv4gUW(void)” (?_sLp7EkPPUoxO1HDLmTwNv5UcFgICv4gUW@@YAXXZ)
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _fclose
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fopen referenced in function “void __cdecl _sLp7EkPPUoxO1HDLmTwNv5UcFgICv4gUW(void)” (?_sLp7EkPPUoxO1HDLmTwNv5UcFgICv4gUW@@YAXXZ)
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _fopen
1>DiracLE.lib(Dirac.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _localtime referenced in function “void __cdecl _sLp7EkPPUoxO1HDLmTwNv5UcFgICv4gUW(void)” (?_sLp7EkPPUoxO1HDLmTwNv5UcFgICv4gUW@@YAXXZ)
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fread referenced in function “int __cdecl GetAppData(struct _iobuf *,struct NASsampleInfo *,unsigned int,int,void *)” (?GetAppData@@YAHPAU_iobuf@@PAUNASsampleInfo@@IHPAX@Z)
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fseek referenced in function “int __cdecl GetAppData(struct _iobuf *,struct NASsampleInfo *,unsigned int,int,void *)” (?GetAppData@@YAHPAU_iobuf@@PAUNASsampleInfo@@IHPAX@Z)
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___libm_sse2_pow referenced in function “void __cdecl intToFloat(float *,unsigned char *,int,int)” (?intToFloat@@YAXPAMPAEHH@Z)
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___libm_sse2_log referenced in function “void __cdecl double_to_ieee_80(double,unsigned char *)” (?double_to_ieee_80@@YAXNPAE@Z)
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _fwrite referenced in function “int __cdecl writeAiffHeader(struct _iobuf *,unsigned int,int,int,double)” (?writeAiffHeader@@YAHPAU_iobuf@@IHHN@Z)
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ftell referenced in function “int __cdecl getAndIdentifyAIFFchunk(struct _iobuf *,int *,struct NASsampleInfo *)” (?getAndIdentifyAIFFchunk@@YAHPAU_iobuf@@PAHPAUNASsampleInfo@@@Z)
1>MiniAiffx32.lib(miniAIFF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __chkstk referenced in function _mAiffReadAppData
1>C:\Users\Ketil\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\DhruvaNada\Debug\DhruvaNada.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 95 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Keitel

Hi Keitel,

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it doesn’t look like any of those linker errors are related to FMOD.

DispatchMessageW, TranslateMessage, GetMessageW, etc, are Windows API functions, and malloc, free, strlen, etc, are part of the standard C library. Are you sure you are linking with the right libraries?

Cheers,
Graeme.