Constructor issue. Cannot access details tab in editor preview

Hi,

We are working on a project that revolves around vehicles, kind of need for speed, kind of spintires.
To cut to the chase:

EngineAudioComponent = CreateDefaultSubobject(TEXT(“FMOD Audio Component”));
EngineAudioComponent->SetAutoActivate(false);
EngineAudioComponent->AttachToComponent(RootComponent, FAttachmentTransformRules::KeepRelativeTransform);
EngineAudioComponent->SetRelativeLocation(FVector(135.780212f, 0, 41.977314f));

This is what i do in constructor of the base car class. When entering inside the editor view (blueprint, because each car is assembled from bodypanels), I am unable to set any property on this component (tab is empty). When i create the component in blueprint however, it works. I need to access this from code side. I could search for it after being created on BP side but that is a filthy workaround that i got slandered for by my coworkers.

This is how it looks in header. Tried instanced keyword too, but no help even there… :frowning:
UPROPERTY(EditDefaultsOnly, Category = “Audio Settings”)
UFMODAudioComponent* EngineAudioComponent;

UE version → 4.26.2 with very minor source modifications unrelated to this topic
FMOD version → 2.02.11

Thank you for your time. We depend on you!

Hi. The issue was fixed. For anyone stumbling across this, there are some rare cases when blueprint corruptions may happen. To fix this, you need to reparent your blueprint back and forth to forcefully “refresh” it.

Please close

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the solution!