Dragging an audio file into convolution reverb does not show the absolute path

I would like to ask why I import audio sample in convolution reverberation, the path of audio sample is not an absolute path, and the imported audio sample will appear in my Assets.

If you’re using FMOD Studio then any sample needs to be imported into the project. You are able to specify audio files for convolution reverbs during runtime by setting the convolution reverbs FMOD_DSP_CONVOLUTION_REVERB_PARAM_IR.

https://www.fmod.com/resources/documentation-api?version=2.0&page=core-api-common-dsp-effects.html#fmod_dsp_convolution_reverb

Thank you.But what I want to know is that after I import the audio sample, it doesn’t show the absolute path and it appears in my asset.Before I did the same thing in version 1.10.01 of fmod, it would show up in the path of my hard drive. Now it only shows up in the path of my asset.

All assets are shown with relative paths to the project root. From version 2.00 there was a change so that assets used on convolution reverbs are also imported into the project to prevent missing files when transferring the project between machines/directories.

hey, I also noticed, that under some circumstances Fmod might “loose” the IR Asset from the Convolution Reverb Plugin and there is no way of finding out, which one was used before (e.g. hey i am missing Missing asset “x” in convolution reverb “y”).
Also it did not revert the asset in the plugin when I stepped back multiple Perforce-submits- the Reverb asset did not come back and was lost (i have to say it still was in the Assets folder. But as I imported a bunch of different ones for testing I did not remember which one it was :smiley: )

I can’t say I’ve experienced losing an IR attached to a convolution reverb before. If you are using source control, it might be that the path to the IR file if different from when it was originally introduced (eg. the XML for the convolution reverb is saying the IR file is on D drive when imported, but a Get Latest is pulled on a machine without a D drive) and this conflict causes the effect to default to no iR.

I will make a suggestion in our tracker to improve how we handle missing IR files in the convolution reverb.

1 Like