Missing files?

Hello there, I am really new to fmod. One of our customers gave me a fmod project for sound design in unity.

When I open up the fmod project I can see that files are missing but the missing files are created new in the asset browser but they dont have a references.

I guess a screenshot shows you what I mean:

I am using fmod studio version 1.10.01

How can i replace the missing files with the “new” files to keep the references?

Greets

Hi Jannick,

“Missing” files indicates that the files were imported into the FMOD Studio project but are not present currently. Take a look into Edit > Preferences > Assets and see if there is a custom asset path set. The customer will need to provide this asset folder for the project to run properly.

If you have already placed files in the asset folder on disk and the project is now saying these files are “New!” then right click on them and select “Refresh”. If you’re using 1.10 you can select the Flatten button at the bottom of the assets browser and bulk select all files and select “Refresh” to do this quicker.

Thanks,
Richard

Hi, Richard and thank you for the answer!
No custom asset path was set and the asset folder was included in the .zip he gave me.

Pressing “Refresh” on the “NEW” files does nothing but I can right-click them and press “import” but however this doesn’t make the “missing files” work again.

How can I actually reaplace the missing files with the new files?

Greets

1 Like

Hi Jannick,

You’ll need to check the “Assets” folder in the project’s root directory in Explorer or Finder. If the assets listed as “missing” are not here then you will need to manually place them into this folder and try “Import” again.

Our Studio documentation may help give you some more information:

https://www.fmod.com/resources/documentation-studio?page=managing-assets.html#dealing-with-missing-files

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Jannick,

Just to confirm - on closer inspection of the screenshot you provided is “Tür” spelt the same for both folders in the “Assets” folder on disk? You may just need to adjust the spelling for the “missing” files to be found again.

Thanks,
Richard

1 Like