How to have the music "continue" after a different event trigger?

Hey @everyone!

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a problem… let me see if I can explain it:

I have a “world map” music looping 2d event, which as the title says, it´s for the world map of an RPG. The problem I have is that whenever you enter an event on the world map and then return back to it, it triggers back from the beginning, making it very tiring for the listener.

Is there any way or any idea on how to have the music continue from where it left off from last time?

I hope it was clear… and thanks in advance! :smiley:

I don’t think you can do this directly in Studio, but in your game engine you can call EventInstance::setPaused to pause the Event. Instead of starting and stopping the event, just pause and unpause the Event. Alternatively, if you need to stop the Event, you could save the timeline position to a variable with EventInstance::getTimelinePosition before stopping the instance and setting it back with EventInstance::setTimelinePosition after creating and before starting the instance.

1 Like

OK! I´ll try it out! thank you so much! :smiley:

I really need this feature. I usually switch sounds by label paramter in one event, so music continuing from last played position is so important for me. I hope fmod could realize it just like this feature in Wwise! :smiling_face_with_tear:

As explained by alexzzen, we already have this feature: You can pause an event at any time, and resume it later from the point when it was paused.

Thank you for reply! I’ll have a try.
But I really hope that we can make this function in fmod studio, because I’m not allowed to change the code in the game engine. :joy: