I’ve measured FMOD Studio sound latency within my C# .Net application the last couple of weeks.
When i first started using fmod studio, i had about 150ms latency.
After discovering dspbuffersize and setting it to 192, i had about 50ms.
With 1.08 now, i have freaking 10-15ms latency. Guys, that’s simply incredible. I am so deeply impressed (since it’s not just a simple sound file, it’s a bank with 20 soundfiles and a couple of automated values in it). Thank you so much, your work is awesome!!
PS: i’ve measured it by playing a very short sound via Microsoft XNA soundinstance, recording the test and measuring the distance via Audacity.