Package a Patch with Commandlet in MacOS but FFMODFileSystem thread not exit blocks package thread

Platform: macos
Engine: Unreal Engine
Question:
I try to Package a Patch for my project with Command but FFMODFileSystem thread run and it blocks my package thread.
It only happened in mac platform and the problem seems is i dont have authority of write to disk cause the file cannot write and the thread is waiting for this. But I’m not sure.
The FFMODFileSystem is Static.
img_v2_6a2c3678-0757-430f-b016-74f9f04de62g
And FMOD Plungin call StartupModule function when Unreal Engine work.
Can I change FFMODFileSystem to non-static and make Plungin skip StartupWork when patch?

Or how should I configure patch setting in macos?

Hi,

What version of FMOD and Unreal are you using?

Unreal 4.27
FMOD 2.02

1 Like

Thank you.
My workmate fix this problem.

1 Like

I’m sorry that i’m here again.
The problem is not fixed.

Here is somr new messages.
Mac Studio ,M2 MAX chip,UE4Editor sometimes cannot exit.

It will waiting here.

I need some help.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the extra information.

Would it be possible to get the full commandlet that you are running? This can be uploaded to your profile after you have registered a project with us. Can you confirm the XCode version you are also using? I have found that UE4 is no longer compatible with XCode 14.

XCode Version is 14.3.1

And Commandlet is here https://github.com/hxhb/HotPatcher/blob/master/HotPatcher/Source/HotPatcherCore/Classes/Commandlets/HotPatcherCommandlet.cpp

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the repo and for confirming the Xcode version. Unfortunately, I am still unable to reproduce the issue.

Is there any more information that you can provide? Any logs that mention FMOD or where it is failing in Xcode? How did you find out that it was FMOD that was getting stuck? Did you create the Hot Patcher or are you just using it? If the latter, it may help to ask the creator for assistance as they have a better understanding of the commandlet.

Apologies for the delayed response.

Hi,

I’m sorry that I reply so late cause I have holiday last week.It’s a pity that I have no more information about this.We will try to resolve this problem by other method.

Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

Hi,

Hope you had a lovely holiday :slight_smile:

If you are able to get any more information please pass it on and I will assist where I can.

1 Like