Switch for alternate platform/event option?

Hi,
Our Studio is preparing game for several platforms and it seems that some consoles works only with 64 channels. There are few scenes in game where we almost cross 100 - and that’s already after optimization. So my question is: Does Fmod have option to work with events in alternate way? some sort of platfrom switch option? I dont want do lose or interfere to much in things that are meant for bigger platforms - just cut some stuff for the small one in fast and pleasant way. I also thought about making copy of project - (only the FMOD project file format with new name) and building from that copy only that consol, but it may not be the best solution i guess? :open_mouth:

Thanks in advance for your respond! :slight_smile:

Hi,

An option may be FMOD Studio | Advanced Topics - Platform Exclusion, in summary, it allows you to exclude certain tracks from certain platforms as well as exclude any assets not being used by the excluded tracks. Let me know if this is the behavior you are looking for, if not we can look into alternative solutions.

1 Like

Hi,

Just checking if this was the solution or if there was anything else I could assist with?

Hi Connor!

Sorry for late response - yes it seems a great solution for now ! Thank you - if any new needs apear i’ll be posting! Thanks again! :slight_smile:

1 Like