Unable to initialize the selected device

Hello guys!

After I reformat my PC, I started to get an error msg when I select “Asio” on output device, it says “Unable to initialize the selected device. No sound will be produced. Please select another configuration.”

Before I reformat my PC, everything was fine. It happens even if FMOD is the only one using the interface. What it could be?
I’m using Scarllet 2i2 3rd generation, FMOD 2.01.14, win10

Here is the console’s logging

17:17:52 [Initialize Sound System 0x00000179165fd1e0]: Time started

17:17:52 fmod_output_asio.cpp(212), OutputASIO::enumerate(): IASIO::init failed for driver 0 (Focusrite Thunderbolt ASIO): 'Cannot open Focusrite Thunderbolt ASIO. (Error code: 0x54f)

'.

17:17:52 fmod_output_asio.cpp(223), OutputASIO::enumerate(): CoCreateInstance returned 0x80040154 for driver 2.

17:17:52 fmod_output_asio.cpp(212), OutputASIO::enumerate(): IASIO::init failed for driver 5 (ZOOM H and F Series Async ASIO): 'No device

'.

17:17:52 fmod_output_asio.cpp(348), OutputASIO::init(): IASIO::init failed: 'Cannot open Focusrite Thunderbolt ASIO. (Error code: 0x54f)

'.

17:17:52 [Initialize Sound System 0x00000179165fd1e0]: Time started

17:17:52 fmod_output_asio.cpp(212), OutputASIO::enumerate(): IASIO::init failed for driver 0 (Focusrite Thunderbolt ASIO): 'Cannot open Focusrite Thunderbolt ASIO. (Error code: 0x54f)

'.

17:17:52 fmod_output_asio.cpp(223), OutputASIO::enumerate(): CoCreateInstance returned 0x80040154 for driver 2.

17:17:52 fmod_output_asio.cpp(212), OutputASIO::enumerate(): IASIO::init failed for driver 5 (ZOOM H and F Series Async ASIO): 'No device

'.

17:17:52 fmod_output_asio.cpp(348), OutputASIO::init(): IASIO::init failed: 'Cannot open Focusrite Thunderbolt ASIO. (Error code: 0x54f)

'.

Just to check, have you reinstalled the latest drivers for your interface after reformatting your PC, and are other applications working with ASIO and your interface?

Ty for reply… Yes the latest drivers are instaled. I did a long research and it seems to me that the problem is the amd chipset that is not so friendly with audio interfaces, other users reported click and pop problems also using amd with audio interfaces in simple operations like watching a video or playing games… if I select wasapi option with scarllet 2i2 3rd gen, fmod has a lot of clicks and pops, but if I change to zoom h5 it works fine, but the option “ASIO” doenst work… In Studio one 5 I cant open zoom h5, it gives me error msg, but 2i2 works fine… For some reason amd chipset just doesnt work properly with audio interfaces, causing pops, errors and some other issues… I tried to format again, reinstall all drivers, set all combination of buffer size and sample rate but nothing change, these errors remains the same… I dont think it is a problem with fmod

I agree it does sound like a hardware problem unfortunately, was FMOD Studio working correctly with AMD, ASIO, and the 2i2 or h5 before reformatting your PC?

Yes it was fine, I was using a B550 Plus tuf gaming and a ryzen 5 3600, I changed my mb for a B550 plus wifi and a 5 5600g, reformatted my hd and all the problems have started…

Some says that if u change some of options in the bios it would solve, but for me it didnt change anything… I’ll keep looking for others solutions…

PSA: Audio Popping/Crackling Potential Fix for Ryzen Users : Amd (reddit.com)