[Unity WebGL + FMOD 2.02.05] Certain events / GUIDs are missing, but only in WebGL builds?

Hello!

I’ve run into the following issue: all of our SFX events fire properly in any runtime environment, but our music event fails to fire exclusively in WebGL builds.

Event reference setup:

WebGL runtime error:

As you can see, the GUID in the event reference matches what’s in the error log; what’s super strange is the music plays just fine in-editor and in native builds.

We’ve tried building for all platforms from FMOD and refreshing banks within Unity, but the problem persists. Could I be trying to access the event before FMOD has fully loaded it in-browser?

Our target platform is WebGL, so unfortunately this is a pretty big blocking issue.

Thanks so much for your help; have been struggling with this for a couple of days now. Cheers, Alex

I think you are correct that this is an issue with the event not being fully loaded. There is a requirement to load banks asynchronously on HTML5, I recommend you take a look at our Async Loading example and implement your own bank loading scene.

1 Like

Thank you so much!! Adding asynchronous loading was exactly what solved the problem :slight_smile:

1 Like