Add Parameter Crashes FMOD Studio Consistently

FMOD Studio 2.00.04 on MacOS

I have tried several ways to add a parameter and FMOD Studio crashes every time.

I see a post about this from Sept 2 but no solution so far.

Can anybody suggest a workaround?

This is something that can happen on macOS if you have an OS accessibility feature enable such as voice over or Default Folder X. Can you check you don’t have something like that enabled?

I turned off Zoom and restarted. That fixed it.

I currently have this issue, too. I’m using FMOD Studio 2.00.05 on macOS 10.13.6.

Every time I add a new parameter, FMOD Studio either crashes immediately or just freezes with the spinning wheel cursor. First, I tried disabling all accessibility apps in System Preferences > Privacy and Security > Privacy, but that didn’t work. Next, I tried disabling Zoom in System Preferences > Accessibility. That indeed did the trick, and I was able to add a new parameter, but isn’t a viable workaround for me as I use Zoom 100% of the time I use my computer. Currently, I have to disable Zoom every time I want to add a parameter, then enable it again after the parameter is added. I have sent a crash report - is there any possibility of this issue being looked into?

I know, right?

I can create parameters now with zoom enabled. Is it still crashing if you turn zoom back on?

There is also an os feature that lets you turn zoom on and off but tapping the power button three times.

I don’t know why they can’t fix this bug when it’s so easy to repro.

You can set Zoom from “Continuously with pointer” to “Only when the pointer reaches an edge” and it should work without crashing. The source of the issue is due to a third party component we use with our software. We’re working with them to fix the issue.