ASIO driver / Multi channel problems

Hi,

I would like to use my Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio interface (with current drivers and firmware) as low-latency multi-channel output system for FMOD Studio.
My software is written in C#, consequently it uses the C# wrapper (FMOD version 1.03.06, but seemingly there were no changes regarding my issues).

If I set the speaker system to 5.1, it is reverted to stereo. Also I noticed that Windows lists the Scarlett only as stereo device, is there any possibility to “force”
FMOD to a certain speaker configuration?

Ideally I would like to use the ASIO driver of the interface. Unfortunately when I select it in the C# wrapper with

// Create a System object and initialize.
result = FMOD.Studio.System.create(out FMOD_system);
result = FMOD_system.getLowLevelSystem(out FMOD_lowlevel);
// Trying to use ASIO
result = FMOD_lowlevel.setOutput(FMOD.OUTPUTTYPE.ASIO);
result = FMOD_system.initialize(128, FMOD.Studio.INITFLAGS.NORMAL , FMOD.INITFLAGS.PROFILE_ENABLE & FMOD.INITFLAGS._3D_RIGHTHANDED & FMOD.INITFLAGS.CHANNEL_DISTANCEFILTER & FMOD.INITFLAGS.CHANNEL_LOWPASS, (IntPtr) 0);

result = FMOD_lowlevel.setSoftwareFormat(44100, FMOD.SPEAKERMODE._5POINT1, 6);

everything looks OK, but when I load a bank in non-blocking mode the application hangs. The same thing works nicely if I use the WASAPI driver.

What else could I do / try?

Thanks, Florian

This is being tracked via support@fmod.org, but if anyone is having troubles with ASIO I highly recommend trying 1.03.10 when it is released.
The ASIO interface in this coming version is completely rewritten fixing several bugs.