FMOD not seeing Dante Virtual Soundcard ASIO driver

I have Dante Virtual Soundcard working as an ASIO driver with my DAW but FMOD Studio fails to see it. I get the message “Unable to initialize the selected device. No sound will be produced, please select another option.” When I change the DVS to WDM I can use that with FMOD but not with my DAW. Is there any reason I cannot use the ASIO driver as I need to be able to use my DAW and FMOD at the same time? Incidentally I am using v2.01.04

Thanks

Hi,
ASIO runs the audio exclusively for whatever app is using it. You typically cannot have 2 applications trying to access an ASIO device at the same time.

Hi Brett, thanks for the reply but even if FMOD is the only application open it will not let me use the ASIO driver option, it always has the “Unable to initialize the selected device. No sound will be produced, please select another option.” message. Is there any reason that I cant use the ASIO driver? I have used plenty of sound cards in the past that allow multi client ASIO support where I have successfully used FMOD/DAW/Game Engine all at the same time and I was informed by Focusrite that the DANTE Virtual Soundcard does the same.

Thanks

Hi
When you load a project it will run 2 instances at the same time which can cause the 2nd one to fail.
Try closing any background fmod studio window, then changing the loaded project from WASAPI and back to ASIO again. Another option is to open the project from explorer by double clicking on it so it opens straight into ASIO.

We know it is possible to open an ASIO device twice sometimes, ASIO drivers are notorious for crashing if you try and instance them more than once. Drivers like Dante are the exception. Other more obscure sound card devices are not. They crash hard enough to cause blue screens.