Bug? I can't shift select or drag assets, have to restart

Has anyone else experienced this? When trying to drag assets, if at any point I press shift to select multiple assets, I can then no longer drag, even after shift is lifted. Only work around is to restart FMOD and drag one at a time.

I found this old post that describes whats going on, this is identical to what I’m experiencing but I’m not on a windows machine and I don’t have Synergy (KVM software) like this other person.

I’m on a mac, 10.14, and have tried FMOD 1.10 and 2.0 (same issue across both). I have no supplemental software installed that should be causing this problem. Drag and drop functionality is fine in all other programs.

1 Like

I have not been able to reproduce this issue here, which suggests your machine must differ from the ones I’m testing with. Does this issue occur on other machines, or just the one? If it occurs on multiple machines, is there something they all have in common? If it occurs on just one machine, is there anything about that machine that seems unusual?

Hi Joseph, thanks for the reply.
I haven’t tested it on another machine yet, I think (especially since this doesn’t seem to be a common issue) the best assumption should be that it’s just my machine. But I don’t have any hotkey type software on the computer and no other programs are effected. Nothing unusual about the computer as far as I know, bought it new from Apple 5 months ago and I use it exclusively as a workstation. Is there anything you might suggest I try?

Thanks so much!

MacOS includes a number of built-in accessibility features known to cause odd behavior in Studio in some circumstances; I haven’t been able to find a combination of settings that reproduces your particular issue, but it might be worth checking if you have any accessibility options enabled, just in case. You’ll find the accessibility icon in your system settings.

Other than that, all I can suggest is trying this issue an another Macintosh computer, and seeing if the issue appears there as well.

Gotcha. No luck on my end either… nothing weird going on in accessibility, tried a couple different keyboards too (wired vs wireless). maybe this computer just isn’t destined to run FMOD. Thanks for digging into this for me!

We’ve discovered this issue only affects computers running MacOS versions 10.14.3 and earlier. (As far as we can tell, this issue was introduced in Mojave.) If you update to MacOS version 10.14.4 or later, you should be able to drag multiple assets without a problem.

I updated from 10.14.3 to 10.14.5 and it worked! :slight_smile: Thanks for the help Joseph!