Can't launch Fmod 2 windows 10

Hello,
I’ve recently downloaded fmod 2.00.06 (I already had 1.10.17 but wanted an upgrade so I uninstalled it first), installed it on a 64-bits windows 10 which I restarted, but when I want to launch fmod 2 nothing happens…even in administrator mode. It doesn’t work neither to open an existing project with the “Open with” function (and I’ve also tried with versions 2.00.05 and 2.00.04 and still the same problem).
Weirdly it appears that fmod.exe is running in the task manager anyway.
Any suggestions or ideas would be welcome :slight_smile:
Thanks ^^

1 Like

Could you please try to disable your anti-virus before re-installing and running FMOD Studio? It is possible it is being too strict and quarantining a certain file needed to launch.

Hello,
Thanks for replying.
The problem remains also with my antivirus deactivated, or with clean boot, but recently I also received an error message: " microsoft visual c++ runtime library R6025 pure virtual function call ". It poped up just once so far. I tried all the solutions from that website:

…still the same, fmod appears in the task manager but the application doesn’t open.

Since I also checked my keyregister for exe files, which is all clear.

I’m running out of ideas ^^’ I tried to reinstall my old version and now it doesn’t open neither. :confused:

It looks like the C++ runtime libs have become corrupted somehow. Could you try the following:

1. Uninstall FMOD Studio (all versions)
  2. Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime redistributables?
  3. Restart your computer
  4. Reinstall FMOD Studio (this should get you to reinstall the redistributables at the same time)

Hello,

I have many different versions of the microsoft visual c++ lib (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2017 and 2015-2019), which one would it be? I have other programs using those, I’d like to avoid making crash the others :'D…

Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the 2012 runtime version?

Hello,
Solution: suppress manually the FMOD hidden folder in AppData/Local (the uninstaller doesn’t erase it, neither does Revo Uninstaller), then reinstalling.
Subject closed, merry christmas!

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your issue with launching FMOD Studio. I recently faced a similar problem when I switched back to Windows 10 and had trouble with some of my software.