createSound/createStream returning ERR_INVALID_HANDLE

Hey guys,
This code was working so I feel like this is on our side (user error), however, Iโ€™m having trouble understanding where FMOD is having trouble :slight_smile:

Every time I try to create a sound or stream I now get the error ERR_INVALID_HANDLE. Here is the logging output:

c:/jk/workspace/Build__2.0__API_Switch/studio_api/src/fmod_weakhandle_system.cpp(252) : [LOG] FMOD_RESULT = 30 โ€“ An invalid object handle was used.
c:/jk/workspace/Build__2.0__API_Switch/studio_api/src/fmod_studio_impl.cpp(1613) : [LOG] FMOD_RESULT = 30 โ€“ An invalid object handle was used.
c:/jk/workspace/Build__2.0__API_Switch/studio_api/src/fmod_studio_impl.cpp(4513) : [LOG] FMOD_RESULT = 30 โ€“ An invalid object handle was used.

Iโ€™m just not sure why FMOD is doing this now. Again, I feel like this might be on our side but can you tell me what FMOD is complaining about? Thank you!

Matt

An invalid handle associated with System::createSound means the System handle is invalid. That could happen if itโ€™s null or is being used after release.

Hey Mathew,
Ok, yes. So if these were never used it would indicate some kind of memory overwrite on our part. That is what I was looking for, thank you!

Matt