With our “live streaming” method, we are trying to achieve the following:
- The sender captures PCM data coming through microphone
- Encode this data to MP3 directly in memory
- Send this MP3 data through network
- The receiver will get this MP3 data
- Decode this data to PCM directly in memory
- Output through speaker
As you can see, the encode/decode process must be done in real time without saving the data to file.
It seems that the encode process can be done simply with the function: beEncodeChunk().
However, decoding doesn’t look as simple as the encoding process as it required a FILE* parameter.
If there is an api to achieve such functionality, could you tell us where to find it?