Different machines building bank to difference sizes

Hi,

I have a build behavior that is off between multiple machines. I have multiple banks for my studio project, but one of them is causing issues. It’s the largest one as it contains streamed music data.

I have a CI building my game, and this includes a step for building the banks from the studio project, to compare with banks that I have manually built and committed to the game data. For both manual and CI bank building, I use the same build script from CLI, with no other argument than -build <project path>.

The problem is that CI doesn’t build the music bank to the same size as when I manually build it. I tried playing with studio build options in my project, in particular with Sample Rate Mode:

• with a custom sample rate of 48kHz, the size difference about 100 bytes
  • with optimized for size setting, I’m now getting a difference of about 3MB

That second one feels completely off, and I’d wave it as a fluke with CI, but the first case is consistent. Nothing that I do changes this 100 bytes difference, so I’m starting to doubt a couple of things. Namely: do built banks include a machine name/identifier on which they were built? This would explain the small size difference.

This would not explain why only this bank shows this difference though… my project is made of 5 banks including master and strings banks, this music one is the only one not having the same size.

Thanks for the pointers