Does "Shared Timeline" exist in Studio?

Hi,

Does the concept of a “Shared Timeline” between two events exist in Studio? In Designer’s Music System, I could have two cues/segments share a timeline with each other (e.g. cue A & cue B), such that when cue A was playing, and cue B got triggered, cue B would start playing at the timestamp where cue A left off.

In Studio, I know I can accomplish this with two music tracks within the same event, but I believe the switching between songs would require a programmer to set a parameter. Whereas, I already have a way of triggering events in code without the assistance of a programmer, so I’m curious if there’s a built-in way of having two separate events share the same the timeline.

Thanks,
Sean

Does the concept of a “Shared Timeline” between two events exist in Studio?

No. The only way for two things to share a timeline in FMOD Studio is for them to be part of the same event.

In Studio… the switching between songs would require a programmer to set a parameter. Whereas, I already have a way of triggering events in code without the assistance of a programmer.

I’m afraid I don’t understand this paragraph. Triggering an event in code and setting events’ parameters in code both require programming.

Thanks for confirming, Joseph.

What I meant was that, for my specific case, we already have a scripting system in place for me to hook up events without needing a programmer to intervene. So that work has already been done on our end. Whereas setting a parameter value is something that I would still need programmer help with, since we never put in a way for me to set those. I’ll keep this in mind going forward. Might be worth adding that functionality on our end. I just generally try to avoid bothering our programmers if I can do something myself.

Thanks again,
Sean