Doppler whoosh -> How should I go about aligning my speed while passing a stationary object, with the volume of a pass-by whoosh

Car race game - I have a whoosh event (made of looping wind) on several objects, with the distance and direction built in parameters controlling when and how they are heard, and sound great, but the built in speed parameters don’t seem to work, because the objects are stationary. I am the one driving past them, so absolute and relative speed on stationary objects don’t work.

This means that when I am stationary, right next to another stationary object, it is constantly emitting a loop of wind.

How should I go about aligning my speed (passing the stationary object) with the volume of a pass-by whoosh.

Relative speed should work. It’s the speed of the emitter relative to the listener - so, assuming the listener is attached to the camera and the emitter to a stationary object, then relative speed should be 0 when the camera is not moving relative to the stationary object, and a positive value when the camera is moving relative to the stationary object.

2 Likes

Oh interesting… Ok I’ll do some tests and get back to you, thanks!

1 Like