Absolute Speed built-in parameter is not working

As the title states, no matter how I try it Absolute Speed is always 0. As far as I understand absolute speed is calculated in relation to 0,0,0. So the player’s speed has no effect on it unlike relative speed.
I have a BP which has an FMOD Component with an event that has the built-in absolute speed param ranging from 0-10.

UE 4.26
FMOD Studio 2.01.10.

Am I missing something?

I’m afraid we’ll need more information to diagnose this issue. How exactly are you moving the emitter, and when and how are you checking the value of the absolute speed parameter?

The emitter is attached to a mesh that is being moved along a spline. 2 ways I’ve tested if the absolute parameter works:

1. I automated the volume to be 0 if the speed is zero and if it’s bigger than 0 (0.1 for instance) it has sound.
  2. Attached a get parameter node and printed it every tick. Always got 0 back.

I’m afraid I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue, and am at a loss as to why it might be occurring. There must therefore be some detail of your setup that I’m failing to replicate.

Are you able to send us a copy of a project that exhibits this issue? If we can examine the project first-hand, we may be able to determine why the parameter is reporting the wrong value for you.