Fade FMOD parameters from Unity

I’m new to FMOD - and I love it so far!

I know how to set a FMOD parameter of an event from Unity:

EventInstance.setParameterByName(parameterName, value);

But I wondered if it would be possible to fade the parameter to a new value (over a specified amount of time) instead of setting it abruptly?

A few thoughts:

1. Is it possible through the FMOD API? (I think this is the preferred solution…?)

2. I could lerp through values in Unity’s Update-method and call the setParameterByName-method every frame. I’m not too sold on this solution, as it might give uneven fades in long frames (e.g., Scene loading). Also, there would be a lot of Unity-to-FMOD-calls every second if I had a lot of fades going on.

3. I could set it up somehow in the FMOD studio (so a setParameterByName-call is faded-to, instead of set abruptly)?

Any advice is very welcome! I do appreciate any help you can provide :slightly_smiling_face:

Have you checked parameter “seek speed”? This seems to be what you’re looking for.

Thanks! “Seek speed” seems awesome! :slightly_smiling_face:

Only thing I’m wondering is: I use the same parameter on different events - can the Seek speed be set individually on each of those events? (From what I just tried, it seems to behave globally…)

No you can’t. You need to duplicate the parameter to achieve that. If you want only one unique parameter exposed for the game code, you could automate children parameters (those with the different seek speed) with the parent parameter.