FMOD for UE 4.15 ?

Just wondering what release schedule looks like for FMOD for UE 4.15 :slight_smile:

Thanks

I too would appreciate 4.15 honestly :slight_smile:

Are you guys skipping 4.15 entirely? Middle of March already and still no updated plugin in sight :frowning:

1 Like

It will be released soon, unfortunately due to GDC it has been delayed.

1 Like

This week? Next week? Next month?

Hopefully this week.

Yay, it’s finally out! Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Our next release, at the start of March, will be built against and working with UE 4.15.

Cameron, what if I’m building UE4 from source. Will the current version of the plugin work or do we have to wait till March for that? (I’m also building for PS4)

If you are building from source you will be alerted to the one error that stops our current release from working in UE 4.15, simply renaming the variable will work. We are currently looking into a way of keeping backwards compatibility, without users having to edit code.

Cameron im trying to rebuild for UE4.15 but it refuses telling me to try to rebuild from source and I cant revert back to 4.14. Im using Visual Studios 2015 and it says something about engine minor build. In the end im stuck with needing the binary version. Can you help please. Im at my wit’s end here. Please.

There is only one thing that should cause an error in our integration between UE4.14 and UE4.15, a variable Unreal have renamed from FAttenuationSettings to FSoundAttenuationSettings.
We will have a public release available soon.

Hi Cameron,
What do you mean by soon? Is there a chance that you release it this week?

Can you please tell where i can find this variable so that i cant try changing it, Please. And sorry for the bother. The problem is that UE 4.14 is probably the worst update and I wish to use 4.15, 4.14 crashes to the point of useless.

Hi Joey, the variable comes up as an error when trying to compile so it is hard to miss. You can also visit the Github page and just look at the latest commit, it is is shown clearly there. I have FMOD working with 4.15 after that simple tweak.

Hope that helps,

Hi and thank you for the reply, Yes I found the git hub but im still unable to rebuild very frustrating.

Well I guess im SOL until you guys release a 4.15 No project for me until then. :frowning:

1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: FmodCProject, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
2> Creating makefile for FmodCProjectEditor (no existing makefile)
2> Performing 36 actions (4 in parallel)
2> PCH.FMODStudioEditor.cpp
2> PCH.FMODStudio.cpp
2> Module.FMODStudioOculus.cpp
2> FMODStudioOculus.generated.cpp
2>D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudio\Public\FMODUtils.h(83): warning C4668: ‘ENGINE_MINOR_VERSION’ is not defined as a preprocessor macro, replacing with ‘0’ for ‘#if/#elif
2>D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudio\Public\FMODUtils.h(86): warning C4996: ‘EWorldType::Preview’: EWorldType::Preview is deprecated. Please use either EWorldType::EditorPreview or EWorldType::GamePreview Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
2> D:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\UE_4.15\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/EngineTypes.h(815): note: see declaration of ‘EWorldType::Preview’
2> [5/36] Link UE4Editor-FMODStudioOculus.lib
2> Creating library D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FMODStudioOculus.lib and object D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FMODStudioOculus.exp
2> FMODEventEditor.cpp
2> FMODStudioEditor.generated.cpp
2> SFMODEventEditorPanel.cpp
2> FMODStudioModule.cpp
2> FMODVCA.cpp
2>D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudio\Public\FMODUtils.h(83): warning C4668: ‘ENGINE_MINOR_VERSION’ is not defined as a preprocessor macro, replacing with ‘0’ for ‘#if/#elif
2>D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudio\Public\FMODUtils.h(86): warning C4996: ‘EWorldType::Preview’: EWorldType::Preview is deprecated. Please use either EWorldType::EditorPreview or EWorldType::GamePreview Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
2> D:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\UE_4.15\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Engine/EngineTypes.h(815): note: see declaration of ‘EWorldType::Preview’
2> FMODSnapshotReverb.cpp
2>D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudio\Private\FMODStudioModule.cpp(645): warning C4996: ‘TAutoWeakObjectPtr::operator T’: Implicit conversion from TAutoWeakObjectPtr to the pointer type has been deprecated - use Get() instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
2> with
2> [
2> T=APlayerController
2> ]FMODSnapshot.cpp
2>
2> d:\program files\unreal engine\ue_4.15\engine\source\runtime\core\public\UObject/WeakObjectPtrTemplates.h(353): note: see declaration of ‘TAutoWeakObjectPtr::operator T’
2> with
2> [
2> T=APlayerController
2> ]
2> FMODSettings.cpp
2> FMODListener.cpp
2> FMODFileCallbacks.cpp
2> FMODEvent.cpp
2> FMODBus.cpp
2> FMODStudio.generated.cpp
2> FMODAmbientSound.cpp
2> FMODBankUpdateNotifier.cpp
2> FMODAsset.cpp
2> FMODBlueprintStatics.cpp
2> FMODAudioComponent.cpp
2>D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Source\FMODStudio\Private\FMODAudioComponent.cpp(216): warning C4996: ‘FAttenuationSettings’: FAttenuationSettings has been renamed FSoundAttenuationSettings Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
2> D:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\UE_4.15\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Sound/SoundAttenuation.h(204): note: see declaration of ‘FAttenuationSettings’
2> FMODBank.cpp
2> FMODAssetTable.cpp
2> FMODStudioStyle.cpp
2> FMODStudioEditorModule.cpp
2> FMODAmbientSoundDetails.cpp
2> FMODAmbientSoundActorFactory.cpp
2> [30/36] Link UE4Editor-FMODStudio.lib
2> Creating library D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FMODStudio.lib and object D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FMODStudio.exp
2> AssetTypeActions_FMODEvent.cpp
2> FMODAudioComponentVisualizer.cpp
2> [33/36] Link UE4Editor-FMODStudio.dll
2> Creating library D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FMODStudio.suppressed.lib and object D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FMODStudio.suppressed.exp
2>FMODBlueprintStatics.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: enum FMOD_RESULT __cdecl FMOD::Studio::bus::setFaderLevel(float)” (?setFaderLevel@Bus@Studio@FMOD@@QEAA?AW4FMOD_RESULT@@M@Z) referenced in function “public: static void __cdecl UFMODBlueprintStatics::BusSetFaderLevel(class UFMODBus *,float)” (?BusSetFaderLevel@UFMODBlueprintStatics@@SAXPEAVUFMODBus@@M@Z)
2>FMODBlueprintStatics.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: enum FMOD_RESULT __cdecl FMOD::Studio::VCA::setFaderLevel(float)” (?setFaderLevel@VCA@Studio@FMOD@@QEAA?AW4FMOD_RESULT@@M@Z) referenced in function “public: static void __cdecl UFMODBlueprintStatics::VCASetFaderLevel(class UFMODVCA *,float)” (?VCASetFaderLevel@UFMODBlueprintStatics@@SAXPEAVUFMODVCA@@M@Z)
2>FMODSnapshotReverb.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “protected: virtual void __cdecl UReverbEffect::PostEditChangeProperty(struct FPropertyChangedEvent &)” (?PostEditChangeProperty@UReverbEffect@@MEAAXAEAUFPropertyChangedEvent@@@Z)
2>FMODStudio.generated.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “protected: virtual void __cdecl UReverbEffect::PostEditChangeProperty(struct FPropertyChangedEvent &)” (?PostEditChangeProperty@UReverbEffect@@MEAAXAEAUFPropertyChangedEvent@@@Z)
2>D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-FMODStudio.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
2> [34/36] Link UE4Editor-FMODStudioOculus.dll
2> Creating library D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FMODStudioOculus.suppressed.lib and object D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FMODStudioOculus.suppressed.exp
2> [35/36] Link UE4Editor-FMODStudioEditor.dll
2> [36/36] Link UE4Editor-FMODStudioEditor.lib
2> Creating library D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FMODStudioEditor.lib and object D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FMODStudioEditor.exp
2> Creating library D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FMODStudioEditor.suppressed.lib and object D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-FMODStudioEditor.suppressed.exp
2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\Plugins\FMODStudio\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-FMODStudio.dll
2> Total build time: 87.62 seconds (Local executor: 0.00 seconds)
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(41,5): error MSB3075: The command ““D:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\UE_4.15\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” FmodCProjectEditor Win64 Development “D:\Unreal Projects\FmodCProject\FmodCProject.uproject” -waitmutex” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

This is what im getting when I try to build/rebuild it in visual studios 2015 since it tells me to rebuild from source doing it the conventional way. Whats going on here, can someone please collaborate???

Oh and this is with the Git Hub update 4.15, I even tried mixing and matching with the 4.14 and nothing. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any News or Update when the 4.15 Update will be available. Really need this Thank you. And rebuilding doesn’t seem to work for me. Obligating me to wait for the update.

1 Like