FMOD Not Working - Unity 2019.2.17f1

When importing the package in Unity 2019.2.17f1, I get a path error (see below). I have integrated FMOD into previous versions of Unity with no issues. I am wondering if there is a new step that I need to use in order to properly link the path for Unity to recognize.

C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:224)
System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[T] source, System.Func2[T,TResult] predicate) (at <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0)
UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.SyncIfNeeded (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[T] affectedFiles, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[T] reimportedFiles) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:213)
UnityEditor.SyncVS.PostprocessSyncProject (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] addedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromAssetPaths) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SyncProject.cs:165)
UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal.PostprocessAllAssets (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] addedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromPathAssets) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetPostprocessor.cs:159)
UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:SaveAssets()
FMODUnity.EventManager:CopyToStreamingAssets() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EventManager.cs:584)
FMODUnity.EventManager:RefreshBanks() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EventManager.cs:37)
FMODUnity.EventManager:Update() (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Editor/EventManager.cs:656)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:303)

It looks like an error coming from AssetDatabase.SaveAssets() although I’m not sure why.
What version of FMOD for Unity are you using?

I have not been able to reproduce this error, do you have steps that reproduce this in a new project?
Does this occur every time you link a project/path or only some of the time?

I believe I am correctly following the steps outlined in the documentation (https://www.fmod.com/resources/documentation-unity?version=2.0&page=user-guide.html)

I am able to see all banks and events and select them in the studio event emitter, so it appears as though the directories are in order, and the events are found - however, the error listed above still occurs. I will try to duplicate it in a new project and see if I can reproduce it there.

I followed the same steps in a new project, and it worked fine - duplicated in my full project and it did not work. I will try to see if I can figure out what project settings may be different.

Cameron,

I was able to resolve the problem, following a related thread: Bank copy errors when using 2.0 integration

I moved the SaveAssets() into the madeChanges check as shown below. Now, the open question is this - will this create any issues for me as I start to build the audio into my project. I will post to the thread if I encounter any issues, but for now, things appear to be working.

As a point of comparison, I did a test where I rolled my project back to Unity 2019.0.1f2 and imported FMOD, with no issues. I was also able to integrate FMOD in Unity 2019.17.f1 in a new project with no issues. So I suspect that my project upgrade to the new Unity version introduced a dependency that I cannot identify. Of course, I am not an expert in such things, so I don’t have more insight, sadly.

// EventManager.cs CopyToStreamingAssets()
// …
if (madeChanges)
{
AssetDatabase.SaveAssets();
AssetDatabase.Refresh();
UnityEngine.Debug.Log(string.Format(“FMOD Studio: copy banks for platform {0} : copying banks from {1} to {2} succeeded”, platform.ToString(), bankSourceFolder, bankTargetFolder));
}

It shouldn’t, we have actually made this change in the upcoming release as well.

Hey, I have had the same issue after upgraded Unity from 2019.2.13f1 to 2019.2.17f1. Seems like introduced by Unity upgrades, but I did found an earlier post a year ago discussed the same issue caused by another earlier Unity version(2018).

Thanks for the hotfix for this! I also had this issue after I upgraded from 2019.2.15f1 to 2019.2.17f1 and the hotfix fixed it. Good to know it’ll be implemented in future patches, too.

I have integration problem too…

Assets\Plugins\FMOD\src\Runtime\RuntimeUtils.cs(424,22): warning CS0618: ‘BuildTarget.StandaloneLinuxUniversal’ is obsolete: ‘StandaloneLinuxUniversal has been removed in 2019.2’

I used 2.00.07, but I also tried 2.01.00 but it still didn’t work

That is just a warning, are you getting any errors?