Hiding/Disabling Invalid Plugin Control Widgets

Hello, I’m working on a custom DSP plugin for FMOD Studio, and I’ve been wondering if there is a way to hide or grey-out dials or other deck widgets depending on an enumerated int?

My plugin is a wave shaper with various modes, some of which have different controls to the others. I don’t want users to be confused by the presence of an irrelevant “Ratio” dial when using the Hard Clip setting, so ideally I would like to lock or grey-out or hide the controls that aren’t used in the currently-selected mode.

I haven’t been able to find much about this in the documentation, and I’m not sure if it’s a feature that doesn’t exist or if there just isn’t documentation on how to do it. Or maybe it’s just because I’m not very familiar with javascript, and it’s a very obvious and straightforward thing if you know the language?

I don’t think there is a way to do this actually- the widgets used for plugins are deckWidgets, which are different to widgets used in our modals, and are missing key functionality for conditional bypassing:

1. Callbacks for embedding js, such as onclick
  2. Toggleable active state, such as setEnabled
  3. An API for retrieving existing deckWidgets, such as findWidget

So, no good solution at this stage unfortunately. It looks like deckWidgets are supposed to handle a one-to-one link between parameters and UI, and nothing else. I will put in a feature request to add more of the widget api to the deckWidget API- thank you for bringing this to our attention.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for confirming that, if I know it’s currently a hard limitation I’ll work around it.

For my current project I might just look at breaking it up into two or more separate effects plugins, instead of trying to make one thing with multiple functions that require separate controls.