How do I create .FSB files with FMOD studio

Hi all,

Apologies in advance for the n00b question.

I’m working on audio for a game that use FMOD. It has a drum kit, and I want to change out some of the audio samples.

I don’t have a lot of documentation, so I’m figuring it out from what I have.

There is a file called HipHopKit.fdp which I believe is the FMOD project file. There are also HipHopKit.fev and HipHopKit.fsb. The .fev file is 16kb, the .fsb file is 840kb, so I presume it’s the .fsb that contains the audio. The .fev is referred to in the source code so I am guessing that it’s a pointer to where to go to look for the audio.

I’m using the latest version of FMOD Studio 10503. I’ve used DAWs quite a bit, but I am not a programmer. Working on OSX.

I am able to create a new project, load audio files into the audio bin in FMOD studio, get those audio files into the events window, and assign them to the master bank. I can build the project, but the part I’m missing is how to I generate the .fsb and .fev files that I need for executable?

Thanks in advance.
sam

Hi Sam,

You need to use our older tool FMOD Designer.

FMOD Studio is opening your FDP file, but it is treating it as a legacy format and automatically converting it to our new format. FMOD Studio cannot export FSB/FEV files or save the project as a FDP.

1 Like