How to create an Equal Power automation curve?

Is there a way to automatically create equal power automation curves? I just want to do a very simple vertical music layer crossfading using automation on the audio track volume. I want to make sure the fades are exactly equal power so there’s no dip or gain in volume during the crossfade. What’s the best way of doing this? Because so far I haven’t been able to do it properly. dragging the point all the way up isn’t the right curve. But I cannot even see the volume number at the curve point so no idea how to make it accurate to a specific number.

As of the time of writing (April of 2024), there is no tool in FMOD Studio that would allow you to do this. The only option is to adjust the automation curves by ear.

No worries thank you. I’m quite surprised because I would have thought that was a very common need in a vertical layering music system. Would love it added in future if possible.

I’ve added your suggestion to our feature and improvement tracker.

1 Like

I would love this as well, I often use automation to crossfade between layers, and an easy way to do equal power would be very handy

I’ll add you to the list of people who’ve requested this feature.