How to get the music spectrum?

Hi,
I’ve used FMODex and designer before and now I use FMOD studio on a Unity project.
We need to use our music frequency spectrum in the game, I used FMOD_Channel_GetSpectrum function on the old FMODex version but I’d like to know how to do the same thing in FMOD studio unity integration.
I tried to based on this thread (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18741&p=58714&hilit=getspectrum#p58714) but it seems some enum don’t be define in the unity wrapper (FMOD_DSP_FFT, FMOD_DSP_PARAMETER_FFT …).
Does anyone know how to get the spectrum C #?

Regards,

Hi Hirdannen,

Thanks for the report, we noticed this just after the 1.04.01 release went out. The windows release has an updated fmod_dsp.cs with all of the enums defined, so as a short term fix you can just download the windows installer and pull in the fmod_dsp.cs from there. The next release will have all the enums in the Unity wrapper, it should be available in the next couple of days.

The methodology is clearly explained, however in C++ the enums are defined, not in the C# Unity integration : FMOD_DSP_FFT_WINDOWTYPE, DSP_FFT_FREQ and others are missing. Without the enums, setParameter and getParameter can’t seem to be used properly. I managed to, manually, find an index for a song to retrieve the spectrum. However it changed as soon as I added, in FMOD studio, any additionnal parameter.

Do we have to define ourselves the enums ? Or is it merely a bug ?

There is information on getting the spectrum in FMOD 5 (FMOD Studio Low-Level) in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18741