I cannot get trigger zones to work - viking village

I’m new to Fmod and Unity.
I’m using Unity 2019.1.11f1 and Fmod 2.00.00, 64 bit, build#101145

I’m working my way through the Viking Village Tutorial. I have got everything to work except trigger zones for the music. Actually, I got the trigger zones to work once and then a day later I got so many compiler errors in Unity it rendered the tutorial project useless and wouldn’t go into play mode. I started over with the Unity build above and started the tutorial over again. I have followed this sound designer’s instructions EXACTLY: https://youtu.be/DI72MHPfh0k
My music starts but it’s as if the trigger zones I created to change the music do not exist. Again, I got this to work once. I keep getting this warning over and over again after I exit play mode:

[FMOD] PlaylistInstrumentInstance::startFullLengthHook : Attempting to schedule a sound in the past, this could cause inaccurate playback.

UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
FMODUnity.RuntimeManager:DEBUG_CALLBACK(DEBUG_FLAGS, StringWrapper, Int32, StringWrapper, StringWrapper) (at Assets/Plugins/FMOD/src/Runtime/RuntimeManager.cs:32)

I have no idea what this warning means. When I click on the “FlyingRigidBodyFPSController_HighQulaity” and go to the component “Studio Event Emitter” > Event and then click on the folder icon (next to the Search/magnifying glass icon), the “Fmod Events” window pops up where I can play my music and change the parameter slider and hear all the changes that are supposed to happen when I walk through the trigger zones. I can change the initial value of the FlyingRigidBody… and different corresponding music starts according to that exact initial value when i first enter play mode. However, I cannot get the trigger zones to change the music to the parameter they are assigned to change them to. I have re-built these trigger zones over and over again. Any idea what’s happening?? I got it to work once!

The Viking Village tutorial was made using FMOD Studio 1.08 and Unity 5. There are certain issues that can arise from migrating older projects in Unity, such as the FlyingRigidBodyFPSController_HighQulaity gameobject losing it’s Player tag and the materials (used for the footsteps script) becoming read-only.

If you want to follow along with the tutorial then I recommend downloading Unity 5 and using FMOD Studio 1.08 just to understand the tutorials as they were intended, otherwise you will need to debug various warnings and compiler errors such as this.

You should consider updating your Tutorials then, especially if they are obsolete.