Loading Multiple Banks

I have two Studio Projects and have separately created output files that I’ll call: A.bank, A.strings.bank, B.bank, and B.strings.bank.

Loading one set - i.e., Studio::LoadBankFile( “A.bank”,…) and LoadBankFile( “A.strings.bank”) will work fine (similarly, just loading and using the B pair works fine). So I know the banks themselves are OK.

However, when loading them both, the second bank load fails with FMOD_ERR_INTERNAL (28). If I load A before B, I get this:

LoadBankFile( A.bank ) <-- OK
LoadBankFile( A.strings.bank ) <-- OK
LoadBankFile( B.bank ) <— Fails, error 28
LoadBankFile( B.strings.bank ) <-- OK

If I reverse the order, I get this:

LoadBankFile( B.bank ) <— OK
LoadBankFile( B.strings.bank ) <-- OK
LoadBankFile( A.bank ) <-- Fails, error 28
LoadBankFile( A.strings.bank ) <-- OK

I’m certain that I’m doing something wrong, but the FMOD_ERR_INTERNAL makes me unsure. I had this issue in 1.10.14 and just updated to 2.00.05 and I get the same result. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

After digging deeper, I believe the issue is related to other posts about loading banks from multiple projects. The error appears to be one of attempting to load a second master bank which I see will not work.

One workaround I saw was to ensure that any additional projects be derived from the master so that there is only one global bus loaded. However, if a project is built without a bank tagged as “master”, Studio will not generate a strings.bank for it. Is there a way to generate a strings.bank for a project that does not have a master bank?

FMOD does not support loading multiple different Studio projects, but you can create DLC or UGC by routing the new events and buses into the games existing buses.

https://fmod.com/resources/documentation-studio?version=2.0&page=supporting-downloadable-and-user-generated-content.html

1 Like