Loop Region - Condition Latency Issues

Hi all,

I have a loop region that is controlled by a simple parameter - continue looping if parameter is 0, otherwise ignore loop is parameter is greater than 0.

However, if I change the parameter less than ~half a second before the end of the loop, the audio loops again. I know that the parameter is changing before the end of the loop because other audio tied to the parameter changes without any noticeable latency.

Is this something I have to live with, or are there workarounds?

You can see in this image a red box I’ve marked - if I change the parameter anytime from here the audio still loops. Yes, I have the parameter set to instant.

This is likely due to how often the FMOD system updates. You can add a transition marker at the beginning of the loop region to go to the “Start” destination marker with the same conditions of leaving the loop region. This could act like a “catch” for if the system doesn’t update in time to recognise the new parameter value

Thanks for your response - I only just saw this! I’ll try that :slight_smile:

Just tried this and unfortunately doesn’t seem to work - I’ve found a workaround for the time being but unfortunately this is a pretty big dealbreaker for me for future projects!

Would there be any other code workaround / way to increase how often FMOD updates?

Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

You can adjust the rate that the FMOD system updates by adjusting the studioupdateperiod in the Studio::System::setAdvanceSettings() function.

https://fmod.com/resources/documentation-api?version=2.1&page=studio-api-system.html#fmod_studio_advancedsettings

Thanks Richard, will take a look at that!