Looping event stops

Hello. I am trying to cope with the following problem. I have a looping event in game that plays always and it is like complex texture has several tracks inside it. Sometimes I catch FMOD_STUDIO_EVENT_CALLBACK_SOUND_STOPPED for this event or the event continues playing but some tracks inside disappear. I guess it can be because I try to create e.g. 8 or 10 instances of other oneshot event. But this oneshot event has max instances = 3 (set via FMOD Studio “Max Instances”) and has lower priority. Moreover I set FMOD_INIT_VOL0_BECOMES_VIRTUAL on initialize() with vol0virtualvol = 0.001f and expect keeping some instances virtualized but seems it doesn’t work correctly in my case for some reason. Could pls say what can be the problem here?
Also I note that if I limit number of instances count programmatically it partly solves the problem.

Regards,
Pavel

Also I’ve just found that sudden stopping happens to oneshots as well. E.g. first oneshot plays just piece of sound and then it is interrupted by other oneshot.

1 Like

Hi Pavel,

It sounds like some of your tracks/instruments are being stolen due to a high number of voices being used. Could you set your looping event to “Highest” priority and see if this happens again? Could you also note what behaviour you have set for stealing once the maximum number of instances has met (oldest, quietest, etc).

Could you also check your buses in the mixer to see if you have set any max instances there?

VOL0_BECOMES_VIRTUAL only applies to low level voices which, in an FMOD Studio project’s case, is the individual instruments and not at the event level. Could you elaborate a bit more on what is not behaving as you expect?

1 Like