Looping like in my example is creating pops, while it shouldn't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83gdvqVoG1o

I’ve already tried using the loop with a simple transition region at the end. However, I want to jump to the event on marker A on stopping. But when the transition region is playing and I stop, it wants to finish the transition region first before jumping to Marker A. Hence I can’t use that method.

This alternate method should (like in any DAW), work as well. But it is creating pops.

Since these two options don’t work for me, the only solution I have left is to bake the loops, which causes a lot of extra trouble.

Hi,
Indeed, there’s a pop. It seems to be related to the fact the upper instrument has to instantaneously recover from its fade while looping. Maybe should this be considered as a bug?

A solution could be to nest the looping part (with the transition timeline inside) in another event, something like that:

The sustain point is, by the way, way more reactive than the stopping state condition.
Unfortunately, due to a bug I already reported here 2 months ago, when the nested event is playing its transition region, it plays infinitely (even when untriggered). This bug is IMO quite huge, I’m surprised it hasn’t already been fixed in the last update…

I guess this bug is linked to the fact that it’s impossible to instantly quit a transition timeline in the middle of it, as you’ve already noticed…

Are you able to provide the sample you are trying to loop here? It might help in finding out exactly why this isn’t looping as expected. You can listen to the Level 1 music example in the Examples project and hear the looping music, so it should work.

That issue should have been fixed in 2.01.14 and later. Can you confirm you have updated to the latest version of FMOD Studio?

My mistake, I messed up with the update and still was on 2.02.03. The bug is fixed indeed! So my solution may now be good for @EffeX.

His problem is easily reproductible. But I was wrong, it’s not related at all to fades. FMOD Studio doesn’t seem to be able to concatenate different instruments in a seamless way:

In this exemple, instrument 2 is the copy of instrument 1, trimmed to its [A-B] section only. So theoretically, playing from D to C (going through the loop) should be as seamless as the [A-C] section. But that’s not the case.

We are going to investigate this further but it looks like the issue is the track 1 instrument requires both instantiating and then seeking to the point required. This seeking, combined with instantly cutting the previous track 2 instrument causes a pop.

Whilst we work out the intended behaviour of this, there is a work around in using async instruments and AHDSR modulators on the track 2 instrument. Here’s an example that I managed to get working well: