Multisound/logic problem

Hello, can anyone help me with a slightly specific setup I’m trying to create in fMod:
I’d like to have a music clip play, then a multisound of clips in shuffled order, including that intro clip, but only playing the intro clip again once the others have played. In other words, is there a way to make a multisound loop until it has played all tracks within the multisound, and then move on?

Yes.

To create a multi instrument that plays every entry in its playlist once in a random order:

1. Create a multi instrument.
  2. Populate the multi instrument’s playlist with things you want it to play.
  3. Click the multi instrument playlist’s loop button to toggle on looping.
  4. Set the multi instrument’s play count to the number of entries in the playlist.

As long as you don’t assign any of the playlist entries a play percentage, they will each play exactly once.

For the full behavior you described (including starting and ending by playing the intro clip):

1. Create an event containing an action sheet.
  2. Set the action sheet to consecutive mode.
  3. Add the intro clip to the action sheet as a single instrument.
  4. Perform the set of steps to create a multi instrument that plays every entry in its playlist once in a random order from above, and position the multi instrument below the single instrument in the action sheet.
  5. Add the intro clip to the action sheet as a single instrument below the multi instrument.

There are a number of other ways to get the behavior you want, so if this method doesn’t suit your requirements, please let us know.

1 Like

Thank you! Not sure how I missed the play count parameter.