Nested parameters

Apologies if this is a known problem or user error, but I’m having problems with parameters in nested events.

I’m trying to put together a wind system that is effected by two parameters - wind speed and time of day. I’ve tried various methods for this, but for maximum flexibility have settled on the following:

A Wind event with two audio tracks. On one audio track is the Wind Night event. On the other is Wind Day. The parameter here is timeOfDay and the automation currently controls just the volume of the two tracks, which are ramps inverted from one another.

The Wind Day and Wind Night events have a number of sounds inside them to represent various wind speeds. The parameter here is windSpeed (obviously), which again controls a number of volume ramps.

In isolation the Wind Day and Wind Night events work fine, but when I try to play them from the master Wind event in which they are nested, the windSpeed parameters (displayed here inside the ‘Event Sound’ area in the dock) has no effect.

Any ideas?

You’ve found a bug; Those dials really should affect the associated event instance. Unfortunately, there’s no real workaround at this time.

The good news is that we already know about this issue, and are working on a fix. Thanks for the report!

Ahh ok, I thought that might be the case.

Is it just the UI/front-end where there is a problem, or is there something broken at a more fundamental level i.e. will this arrangement work in game just not in FMOD Studio?

Thanks for your help.

It’s just the UI. Those dials used to work - They just stopped recently, and it’s taken us a little while to solve the problem. Sorry for the delay.