Playing audio files in XADPCM format

Hi,
can someone point me in direction of how to handle audio data in XADPCM format? It is a native format on Xbox platforms.

Should I first decode it into raw PCM format somehow? Or is there already a dedicated FMOD_SOUND_FORMAT_, which I should use? Would be grateful for any help and for providing a small code snippet, where data in such format is being played in FMOD.

FMOD only officially supports playing XADPCM on Xbox platforms. If you’re trying to play XADPCM on non-Xbox platforms, we can’t offer you any help.

Thank you for your reply. That is what I intend to do. Play audio files of XADPCM format on Xbox platform. I was just curios whether it is any different from playing raw PCM format on PC.
For example:

// Set extra info struct, that describes buffer properties
    memset(&exinfo, 0, sizeof(FMOD_CREATESOUNDEXINFO));
    exinfo.cbsize = sizeof(FMOD_CREATESOUNDEXINFO);
    exinfo.numchannels = numChannels;                     /* Number of channels in the sound. */
    exinfo.defaultfrequency = frequency;                  /* Default playback rate of sound. */
    exinfo.decodebuffersize = 44100;
    exinfo.format = FMOD_SOUND_FORMAT_PCM16;	  /* Data format of sound. */
    exinfo.length = fmodBufferSize;                       /* Length of buffer. */

// Create sound object
    FMOD_RESULT fmodResult = mFmodSystem->createSound(nullptr, FMOD_OPENUSER | FMOD_LOOP_NORMAL, &exinfo, &mSoundObject);
    if (!SNDENGINE_SUCCEEDED(fmodResult))
    {
	return false;
    }

Would this be a valid way to set up sound object for XADPCM format?

Ah ok. In that case you’ll need to verify your console developer status here : https://fmod.com/profile#permissions
and register your project so we can fulfil our obligations to the console platform provider and hook everything up in our system. Feel free to email support@fmod.com directly if you have any questions about this process. Thanks.

My company works on a project for a client. And we are already provided with needed Fmod sources for Xbox platform. All licensing/obligations is on the client side.

I just wanted to know if there are any specifics in the way XADPCM format audio should be played and handled.

Ah, great. Shoot me an email on support@fmod.com and tell me who the client is and we’ll get you all connected up in our system so you can access the Xbox sub-forum.