Problem with HRTF Filter

Hi,

I have a problem with the HRTF filter.
I’m working on a game with a RTS camera, and I would like to disable the HRTF filter to avoid sound sources to be filtered while positioned in the back of my listener, as it was enabled previously :

“ [r/w] Optional. For use with FMOD_INIT_HRTF_LOWPASS. The angle range (0-360) of a 3D sound in relation to the listener, at which the HRTF function begins to have an effect. 0 = in front of the listener. 180 = from 90 degrees to the left of the listener to 90 degrees to the right. 360 = behind the listener. Default = 180.0.

HRTFMaxAngle

[r/w] Optional. For use with FMOD_INIT_HRTF_LOWPASS. The angle range (0-360) of a 3D sound in relation to the listener, at which the HRTF function has maximum effect. 0 = front of the listener. 180 = from 90 degrees to the left of the listener to 90 degrees to the right. 360 = behind the listener. Default = 360.0.

HRTFFreq

[r/w] Optional. Specify 0 to ignore. For use with FMOD_INIT_HRTF_LOWPASS. The cutoff frequency of the HRTF’s lowpass filter function when at maximum effect. (i.e. at HRTFMaxAngle). Default = 4000.0. “

Which are solutions today to modify the HRTF behavior ?

Thanks,

Dorian

EDIT : I’m using 1.10.09

Hi Dorian,
FMOD_INIT_HRTF_LOWPASS doesnt exist in FMOD Studio 1.10 (or 1.09), so I would just consider the feature removed. It says that in FMOD_ADVANMCEDSETTINGS too.

There is no filter when sounds go behind you.

These days we say to use 3rd party HRTF plugins like Resonance for that sort of effect, and you place it into the effect bus in the Studio tool