Referenced Event Cutting Off

I’m running into an issue where a referenced event is stoping playback when the playhead leaves the FMOD instrument region. However, the Cut setting for the referenced event is not activated.

Here is a video of the issue. I start with the event that has the single instrument that holds the audio file. Then to the event that it is referenced in. And then finally to the event that event is referenced in.

I do have other referenced events that do not seem to have the same issue.

I get the impression I’m missing something simple to fix it :slight_smile: .

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

This is a known bug that affects nested and referenced events that contain transition markers and regions. We’re working on a fix.

In the mean time, I can suggest three workarounds. None of them are perfect, but they all may help in some cases:

• Avoid untriggering the event instrument until it has completely played out its content.
  • Add an AHDSR modulator with a 60 second release time to a property of the nested event. (It doesn’t have to be a volume property. In fact, if its purpose is to keep the nested event alive, the best option is to put it on a property that doesn’t affect the event’s output, such as the value of a parameter that doesn’t trigger or automate anything.)
    This ensures that the event instrument will not stop for 60 seconds after it is untriggered.
  • Remove all transitions from the nested event. This allows it to play out to completion.

Hi Joseph. I apologize for never following up on this. I ended up using the first work-around option. Like you said, it’s not perfect, but it got the job done!

Thanks!

Is there a way to track the status on this bug? I’m pretty sure I’m experiencing it in 2.02.15 and can use the workarounds provided in the meantime.

We don’t maintain a publically-viewable bug tracker, but feel free to ask about the status of any reported bug; we’ll gladly give you an update.

In any case, we’ve already developed a fix for this bug, and will release it as part of FMOD Studio version 2.03.00.

1 Like

Awesome, good to know