đź’ˇ REQUEST: Add screenshots and visual media to notes

Who else thinks it’d be really useful to be able to attach images to the Notes section? In various apps (from general journaling/notetaking to to-do apps to other collaborative annotators), I’m used to having some basic formatting to make the text more readable, and also insert images inline.

When a game is being developed, there may be UI callouts and other art that’s immensely useful to reference, rather than trying to describe it in so many words. It would be really useful to see not just the event name, but ALSO a picture of exactly what that thing is!

Also, a couple misc. things:

1. I still think it’d be useful to be able to search Notes in general, beyond the folder and file names.
  2. Where is an ORANGE color for “Set Color”? It’s conspicuously missing between yellow and range.

I can see how being able to paste images in the notes section would be useful. I’ll add your suggestion to our feature and improvement tracker.

That being said, it’s not a trivial change. Allowing images to be stored as part of an FMOD Studio project will require significant changes to both the project format and to FMOD Studio’s UI, and could potentially result in FMOD Studio projects becoming considerably larger; we’ll need to consider the potential impact of implementing this feature before we commit to it.

We’ve decided not to implement this feature unless more people request it.

To search your project’s notes, all of those notes would need to be loaded into memory. FMOD Studio currently only loads notes into memory when you’re viewing the item that they belong to. We could change this, but such a change would negatively impact performance. As such, we won’t implement this feature unless we believe enough people would use it to outweigh the cost.

Good question! I’ll add a request for shades of orange to our feature and improvement tracker.

1 Like

@joseph I appreciate your insights over the long-term! And always explaining why… so thanks.

I had a feeling that it’d be a lot of work to add visual attachments to the notes, but that I also wouldn’t be alone in asking for tighter integration between FMOD and game assets, even WIP/concept stuff. This is right in the same neighborhood as those folks asking for the profiler to record video, so there’s visual reference for clarity: Feature request: Add video support to profiler

Thanks! It’s useful to know that people want these kinds of usability improvements.