Single event timeline with nested events which have different macro settings

I have a single event that has a start, stop, and idle sound. I want the idle sound to be a single virtualised instance, while the start and stop sounds should have 4 max instances with oldest stealing. The unity prefab has a single event emitter.

I’ve tried a few things, such as making a parent instrument which has the idle sound and the start/stop sounds as event instruments, and the reverse. I’ve also tried making them all nested events, and this almost works. The macros of the parent event work for one of the sounds but it doesn’t for the other (i.e. oldest stealing works for start/stop but not for idle, and virtualised stealing works for idle but not for start/stop).

It seems the macros of the parent event apply to all nested events, and adjusting the macros of the nested events doesn’t override that. Is there a way around this?

I’m afraid I don’t understand what you’re trying to achieve with this, and that makes it hard to give you advice on how best to achieve it.

Why do you want multiple instances of an event to be able to play their start and stop sections at the same time, but for only one of those event instances to be able to play its middle section?