Suggestion: transition timeline presets

Setting a transition timeline generally consists in repeating the same actions: drag source and destination, and set fades, multiplied by the number of tracks involved.
The presets could be:

• Empty [as it is now]
  • Cross Fade [it would snap source and destination to max length, with fades]
  • Tail Cross Fade [destination snapped to max length, with a 10 ms fade in, and source dragged 1 s and fade out]
  • Other idea???

Ideally, we would be able to set that globally, by right clicking on a loop/magnet/transition region that has a transition timeline, and locally, by right clicking on a single track inside the transition marker.

This seems a reasonable suggestion. I’ve added it to our feature/improvement tracker.

Presets and shortcuts for transition timeline would be very welcome. At the moment it’s very tedious to do multiple tracks. You can’t even copy a transition you’ve set up on one track and paste it onto another, so you end up repeating the same action so many times. Some workflow improvements in this area would be great!

Is there any ETA when some improvements to timeline transitions will be added?

I’ll add you to the list of people interested in this feature.

Unfortunately, our agile development model means that we cannot accurately predict when specific features and improvements will be ready for release. We do, however, announce them once they are ready; if you would like to be notified of new transition timeline features, I recommend scrolling to the bottom of our website and signing up for our newsletter.