Unity 2023.2.2 android package build "libfmod.so" no found

When building APK and trying to launch I get this error. Same plugins if working with older engine version 2022 but not with 2023.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: library “libfmod.so” not found 09:42:22.186 Unity java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: library “libfmod.so” not found

Any toughts?

Hi,

Testing Unity 2023.1.0f1 and FMOD 2.02.19 I was not able to reproduce the issue. What version of FMOD are you using?

Hi!

Been having the same/similar issue on a school VR Project here with roughly same version (Unity 2023.2.3f), where we can’t seem to build the game on the Meta Quest 2, and we get this error on the splash screen:

AndroidJavaException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: library “libfmod.so” not found

We’re using FMOD 2.02 as far as I know.

If this thread finds a solution, me and the other 30+ students I’m working with would be happy to hear about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Could you confirm the minor version of the FMOD integration in Unity:

What operating system are you on?

If you use Unity 2022 do find the issues goes away?

Hi again - see the above image for minor version of FMOD in Unity we have, and as for operating system, I’m currently on Windows 11.

As for testing, I’ll try testing the game with the Unity 2022.3.17f1 version hopefully by tomorrow, and let you know how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

I tried moving our branch of our project to version 2022.3.171f, however due to a substantial amount of compile errors from going back to an old version (and it would take a while to fix these changes), it would be difficult to go back to this older version - requiring a whole new set-up of VR controls and configuration.

However, we discovered a lot of files from FMOD has disappeared / been corrupted during Github transfers (standard pulling and pushes using Github Desktop), even though all assets were present, so we’re currently amending the issue by manually going through code and fixing errors.

…We’re still unsure about the issue(s) we’re running up against, but will update when we figure more out :v:

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

An option may be removing the FMOD integration from Unity and trying to reinstall it.

1. Ensure the Unity project is closed
  2. Delete the FMOD plugin folder \UnityProject\Assets\Plugins\FMOD
  3. Open the project again not in safe mode
  4. Reinstall the integration.

Please make a copy of the Unity project before deleting the integration to ensure you have a backup.

Hope this helps, if you have any more information please let me know.

HI,

I have the same problem.

Starting with Unity 2023, the default Application Entry Point for Android builds is GameActivity. In our project, when Activity is checked, it builds fine, but when GameActivity is checked, the same error occurs.

note:
Our project manages FMOD for Unity under Packages/ directory.

environments;
Unity: 2023.2.10f1
FMOD for Unity: 2.02.20
Target Platform: Android (Quest2)

stack trace (sentry);

Hi,

Thank you for the information, I have been able to reproduce the issue with GameActivity. I have passed this on to our development team to look into further.

1 Like