Using parameter A to drive parameter B in a referenced event

I’m wondering if this is possible. This is a dumbed down hypothetical example; say I have one event with two concurrent tracks of the same referenced event, RollerBladeRoll. RollerBladeRoll is an event that takes a parameter SurfaceType, which is a labeled parameter.

For our master event, I want to have two parameters SurfaceTypeL and SurfaceTypeR. Is it possible to use SurfaceTypeL to drive the SurfaceType of the first referenced RollerBladeRoll event and SurfaceTypeR to drive the SurfaceType parameter of the second referenced RollerBladeRoll event?

Yes, it’s possible. To do it, follow the following steps:

1. Open the parent event in the event editor window, and click on the first of the two event instruments to make its properties appear in the deck.
  2. In the deck, you’ll see a “SurfaceType” property. Right-click on this property, and select “Add Automation” from the context menu.
  3. Expand the deck panel’s “Automation & Modulation” drawer if it is closed, click the “Add Curve” button, and select the “SurfaceTypeL” parameter.
  4. Create the automation curve you want.
  5. In the editor, click on the second of the two event instruments.
  6. Repeat step 2.
  7. Expand the deck panel’s “Automation & Modulation” drawer if it is closed, click the “Add Curve” button, and select the “SurfaceTypeR” parameter.
  8. Repeat step 4.

The automation curve on the first event instrument will control only that instrument, and the curve on the second instrument will control only the second instrument.

Ah ok. I didn’t think of manually mapping the values of parameter 1 to 2 with a curve, but that makes sense. Thanks, Joseph, you’ve been really helpful!