Website has to reload/refresh for audio to play

I have created a WebGL project using Fmod and Unity. I have added a script that should take care of Audio blocking in browsers, and I don’t see any errors. BUT: When I load the website, the audio does not play until I refresh/reload the site. (The next time I visit the site, the music plays ok, but if I delete all internet history, I have to do the same refresh/reload prosess).

My project is on this site: Unity WebGL Player | Infinite

I hope that someone can help me out :slight_smile:

Hi,

At a glance, given that I receive the following error on first load,

EventNotFoundException: [FMOD] Event not found: 'event:/wanderer_event'
  at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.CreateInstance

which is then resolved after a reload, it’s likely that your FMOD banks aren’t present when the FMOD System attempts to load them the first time, but are eventually cached the first time, and are present when the page is refreshed as a result. Beyond that, without access to your project/script, I can’t really say much more definitively. Setting your FMOD Logging Level in Unity to “Log” and building a development build may provide some more info.

If that isn’t sufficient enough to point you in the right direction, can I get you to upload your project to the Uploads tab of your FMOD User Profile so I can take a look at it?

1 Like