A couple annoying UI bugs I'd like to report

Hi there,

I noticed the following (at least on the Mac version)

• whenever editing text, say, the name of an event, I can only use the backspace key to delete letters, if I hit the delete key, it deletes the event. :open_mouth:
  • whenever zooming on time-fixed sounds while playback is on, the zooming fucks-up the playback
  • some weird scrolling behaviour that I canā€™t reproduce but that forced me to quit the program and restart it. I used the mouse on the timeline so scroll to the right (I didnā€™t click on the little thingy below whose purpose it is to do that) and the view started dancing on its own, going left and right, all jiggling. I couldnā€™t regain control of the interface. Had to quit it.

Thanks for the bug reports. A fix for the ā€œweird scrolling behaviourā€ issue has already been implemented, and shall be included in the next release of Studio. Weā€™re also investigating the delete key issue, and I suspect it will be an easy fix.

However, weā€™ve been unable to reproduce the playback-when-zooming issue. Could you please explain in detail what you are doing when the issue manifests itself?

1 Like

If i may add a couple of thingsā€¦

On a macbook pro retina (mavericks OS)

1, two finger scrolling only works vertically not horizontally
2, The pots are really weird sometimes, usually only during playback, they get ā€˜stuckā€™ and i have to jiggle about on the trackpad to get them moving smoothly again

Thanks for pointing that out; Iā€™ll bring it up at our next design review meeting.

Iā€™m not really sure what you mean by ā€œpots,ā€ and Google isnā€™t coming up anything useful. Could you please explain this term?

Oh sorry, I mean like rotary control knobs for parameters and pan and suchlike - potentiometers, although Iā€™ve only noticed the problem happening specifically with parameter controls

Ah! Thanks for explaining that. I deal mostly with software, so a few hardware-derived terms have passed me by. Thanks for the bug report; Iā€™ve not been able to reproduce this behaviour yet, but Iā€™ll continue investigating.

1 Like