[Android] FMOD error! (28) when trying to initialize system

Hello guys,

During development on our game, we encountered an issue with FMOD library. One of our devies (Samsung Galaxy S9+ to be precise) fails to initialize FMOD engine and throws
FMOD error 28 - “An error occurred that wasn’t supposed to. Contact support” during:

ERRCHECK(FMOD::Studio::System::create(&engine));
ERRCHECK(engine->initialize(
        FMOD_STUDIO_INIT_NORMAL,
        FMOD_INIT_NORMAL,
        extraDriverData));

The same exact build works on our other devices, but this particular one cannot seem to run it. Maybe the issue is related to a specific Android ABIs that CPU use?
We’ve also tried to run FMOD samples on this device, but unfortunatelly the outcom was the same.

Testing enviroment:
Project: Game written in Kotlin using Android Studio
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Exynos 9810 CPU
FMOD version: Latest

Is there a way to enable deeper logging to learn more what went wrong during engine->initialize() method?

You can use Debug_Initialize before initialize to customize the logging output by FMOD. Do you get any system errors from the logcat at all?

Hello Cameron
During development on our game, we encountered an issue with FMOD library.The main thread initializes Fmod successfully,but fails in the logical thread.the init fails return core is “28”,“FMOD error 28 - “An error occurred that wasn’t supposed to. Contact support”.I went to the API documentation and found that init must be on the main thread. I want to ask you why init failed?

Are you using the FMOD logging lib?
Do you get any system errors from the logcat at all?

Thank you for your reply. I solved this problem by using attachcurrentthread to add my user thread to the Java environment

1 Like

Hello my friend
when I use 1 Realy channel to play sound, I see the channel always alone high priority sound although the audibility is 0. how other low priority sounds to race to control the real channel, make high priority sounds to virtual.

The only way to do this is to have the sounds at equal priority levels. Are you setting the priority of the sounds?

Thank your reply,The problem because my channel priority set ‘0’ ,the priority is special so other low priority sounds unable to race to control the real channel