Banks is not initialized properly - UE5

Hi There

I have done some searching on the fmod forum for a solution to my issue but im unable to resolve it.

I get two warnings on packaging a project (ue5 5.02 - fmod 2.02.07) and it seems to break the build proccess and not complete the game compile.
In fact it actually finishes with success but seems to ignore large portions of the project.
I tested a compile without fmod just to be sure and it compiles ok.

This fmod project is fairly basic - with some pitch functions and in editor it works fine. Sounds are selectable and playable.
This project was migrated from fmod 2.00.08.
Initially i through it might have been the fact that it had a space in “Master Bank” but I have removed that, renamed in FMOD to MasterBank. UE5 seems to reference it. Validation in engine etc works.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: ObjectProperty FFMODLocalizedBankTable::Banks is not initialized properly. Module:FMODStudio File:Private/FMODBankLookup.h

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): LogInit: Display: LogAutomationTest: Warning: ObjectProperty FFMODLocalizedBankTable::Banks is not initialized properly. Module:FMODStudio File:Private/FMODBankLookup.h

I am thinking some sort of reference is broken and im unable to find it.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks

As an additional test I cleared all references and went from scratch. Created a very simple test fmod project and came accross the same error and break in compile. I do wonder if it has something to do with the project inclusion settings in unreal.

a bit lost! any help would be much appreciated.

thanks!

Hi,
This is a known issue expected to be fixed in an upcoming release. In the meantime, you can null out any pointers that are causing issues.

Hope this helps!

Hi there
Success!

Just to confirm I found the issue in regards to missing maps when compiling.

Probably a really silly oversight of mine but I thought I would mention it just in case someone else has the same issue!

The following occurred on my project… this is probably unique but here we go:
Without FMOD you can package a project and not specify the list of maps and it seems to get them all.
With FMOD and its settings and inclusions in the packaging options it seems to require you do set the list of maps to pack or it ignores them.

Hope it helps someone. Thanks for your help both. :slight_smile:

1 Like