BUG FIX: Please fix FMOD losing communication with Unity/Unreal

I have been using FMOD for many years now.
No matter the project, it loses communication with Unreal/Unity often. I can do changes in FMOD but they are not reflected when playing in editor (Yes, I have live update enabled). When restarting Unreal/Unity+restarting FMOD it then works.

This is something other people on other projects have told me as well.

Please look into it.

Thanks for the bug report, I can definitely understand your frustration.

So I know what to look into, and what to pass along to the development team, can I get some more information from you?

• Does the issue (in your experience, or in general) occur with specific versions of FMOD Studio or the integrations?
  • Do you receive any extra info from FMOD, either on the Studio side of things, or in Unity/Unreal?
  • Is there a consistent/semi-consistent action or set of actions that reproduces the issue?

Any additional information you can provide would be much appreciated.

-It has been present with all versions of FMOD I have used (the past 7 years).
-No error messages or anything from Unreal/Unity/FMOD
-I haven’t found a way to reproduce the losing of connection. But will keep an eye (and ear) out.
It just stops updating/getting parameters from/to the game and you need to restart engine+fmod. Sometimes FMOD only

Thanks for looking into it.
Cheers :slight_smile:

My first guess would be that something else on your PC is interfering with the connection between FMOD Studio and Unity/Unreal - if you do run into the issue again, I would recommend checked whether any other processes are trying to use the same port as the one FMOD is. For example, on Windows you can get a list of all processes and the ports they are using with netstat -ano, and match the PID with the corresponding application in Task Manager β†’ Details.

Otherwise, please let us know whether you or anyone else you know that has experienced the issue is able to figure anything else out.

Will keep this in mind for the future and will get back to you. Thanks

1 Like