Bug report.

Dragging assets directly from windows explorer crashes fmod.

Trying to create a multifile from dragging 5 sounds from a windows folder to my timeline. it instantly crashes.

all 5 files are here for testing: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hf35bdj4ynl62ao/AABavOZbyX71KKZ0aFdBOGnla?dl=0

also when I try and add a number of files to my “asset browser” again I get a crash. I havent figured out the minimum number but over 100 doesn’t work.

I haven’t been able to reproduce any of the crashes you describe here, even when using the files you provided. I therefore suspect that there must be some additional step or condition to reproduce this issue. What version of FMOD Studio are you using? Were the files in question open in a third-party application when the crashes occurred? Did the FMOD Studio crash report window pop up, or did FMOD Studio just exit immediately?

1 Like

I just installed the latest version of Fmod prior to this test.

I just tried again and I got the idea to change my audio driver. It seems the WASAPI driver was causing the issue.

I’m glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue. I’ll investigate WASAPI driver issues here.

1 Like